La Manga Club takes on the International Tournament for U17 and U19 National Teams
The national U17 and U19 teams from various countries such as Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic, Ireland and Portugal, will be spending the next few days at La Manga Club to compete in the matches for the International Tournament in their particular category. The different teams will play from the 9th to 14th February, with the presence of international scouts that are taking this opportunity to discover new talent.
La Manga Club, 10 February 2017. The International Tournament for U17 and U19 National teams are celebrating these days at La Manga Club with the presence of teams from various European countries that will be competing from 9th until 14th February on the 8 natural grass, FIFA sized, football pitches that make up the resort. The players will have additional access to the rest of La Manga Club’s facilities, that includes the use of the High Performance Centre (HPC), which have recently incorporated the Catapult system, a method that has been used by clubs like Bayern de Munich and Real Madrid to measure the performance of the players to optimize their training.
The resort will also be hosting international scouts that will have the opportunity to discover new talent during the matches that are scheduled to be played:
- 9th February: National Teams U17
- 16:00 hrs. Norway vs. Sweden (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Poland vs. Czech Republic (pitch G)
- 10th February: National Teams U19
- 16:00 hrs. Slovakia vs. Portugal (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Republic of Ireland vs. Norway (pitch G)
- 11th February: National Teams U17
- 16:00 hrs. Czech Republic vs. Norway (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Sweden vs. Poland (pitch G)
- 12th February: National Teams U19
- 16:00 hrs. Norway vs. Slovakia (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Portugal vs. Republic of Ireland (pitch G)
- 13th February: National Teams U17
- 16:00 hrs. Poland vs. Norway (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Sweden vs. Czech Republic (pitch G)
- 14th February: National Teams U19
- 16:00 hrs. Norway vs. Portugal (pitch A)
- 13:00 hrs. Republic of Ireland vs. Slovakia (pitch G)
Also coming to La Manga Club this March is the Norwegian women football team. The players of the national U23 team will go head to head with the Japanese national team on 4th March and will have another match on 6th of that month against the US national team. For its part, the Norwegian U19s will play against the American and Danish women on 3rd and 7th March, respectively.
With more than 4 decades hosting for some of the best international football teams, La Manga Club is the usual destination for preseason club training. Their Football Centre consists of eight natural grass pitches with measurements following the FIFA international standard. An additional pitch is also available for football 5, changing rooms, parking, press room, High Performance Centre (HPC) and a gym (in the Spa La Manga Club facilities).